Top 4 Reasons why Pittsburgh is a great city for IT Job Seekers
Since the pandemic hit, it has been harder than ever to secure a job. Many companies are losing money and being forced to downsize, which means that more employees are leaving than entering. This inevitably leads to a massive applicant pool competing against each other in a limited job market.
If you’ve been looking for a new job for months, you aren’t alone. Jobs are limited right now. But don’t feel discouraged. Some cities offer better job markets than others. Pittsburgh, in particular, is a great spot for IT job seekers. Logix Guru, one of the leading staffing agencies in Pittsburgh, explains why this city is the place you want to be if you’re an IT professional.
4 Reasons Why Pittsburgh is an Ideal Location for IT Professionals
LEADING IT STAFFING AGENCIES IN PITTSBURGH CAN HELP YOU FIND A JOB THAT MATCHES YOUR INTERESTS AND EXPERIENCE
When people think of Pittsburgh, images of the Steelers, colorful bridges, massive piles of snow, and even pierogies typically come to mind. Many people also associate Pittsburgh with its rich past as the center of the country’s steel industry. That’s how it earned its nickname as “The Steel City,” afterall.
Many of these associations are accurate. But Pittsburgh has since expanded past its storied steel past. Robotics, cybersecurity, and artificial intelligence are just a few industries on the rise in this thriving city. Thanks to this meteoric rise, Pittsburgh has become one of the best cities for IT workers.
Still not convinced? Here are 4 reasons why Pittsburgh is a top place for IT job seekers:
- It houses a thriving tech hub
- There’s always something to do here
- Some of the best universities in the country call Pittsburgh home
- It offers top IT staffing agencies
- IT IS A HUGE TECH HUB
Information technology is one of the leading industries in Pittsburgh. In fact, Pittsburgh is ranked 2nd in the country for the number of IT degree holders that graduate in the city annually. It also helps that Carnegie Mellon University, which offers the number 1 graduate program for computer science, also calls the city home. Numerous start-ups like Duolingo and ANSYS are based in Pittsburgh, further propelling the city forward into a top spot for IT workers and businesses.
- THERE’S ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO
Job market aside, Pittsburgh is a pretty great place to live. You aren’t going to be spending your whole time at your job. You will have plenty of time for fun and recreation. This can be hard to do if you live in a rural area or small town. It can be just as difficult if you live in an expensive city. Pittsburgh offers the best of both worlds. Want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city? You can head to one of the city’s sprawling parks. Hiking trails are also located nearby. If you want to spend a night out on the town and watch a play or dine out at a bar, you can easily find a show or spot you like.
- IT HOUSES SOME OF THE BEST UNIVERSITIES IN THE COUNTRY
There are over 29 colleges and universities in PIttsburgh. Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Pittsburgh, and Duquesne University are some of the city’s most well-known institutions. If, during your job searching process, you want to get certified in a particular area or simply want to learn something new, you can easily enroll in one of these prestigious institutes.
- YOU CAN FIND LEADING STAFFING AGENCIES IN PITTSBURGH LIKE LOGIX GURU Finding a job can be hard. Working with a recruiter can not only help you find new jobs, but will also help you prepare for your interviews! Hundreds of employers in Pittsburgh rely on staffing agencies to present them with the best candidates possible for their job openings. In turn, many job candidates work with staffing agencies to find temporary or full-time jobs. Working with these agencies is completely free for job searchers.Logix Guru specializes in IT staffing, offering contract, contract-to-hire- and direct-hire positions to candidates. We have worked with a range of clients in the Pittsburgh market, including start-ups, non-profits, and even Fortune 500 companies.Job searching is hard enough. Add the pandemic, and things get much more difficult. If you are feeling exhausted or even discouraged, know that you will not be in this situation forever. For extra help and assistance, you can work with top IT staffing agencies in PIttsburgh like Logix Guru. Our team of IT professionals can help you figure out your goals, improve your resume and cover letter, practice for upcoming job interviews, and more! Contact our team today for more information.