Compatibility testing is a critical QA task – that ensures that the product/software application executes as desired across a broad set of user/client systems and configurations. Proliferation of browsers, operating systems and devices have mandated organizations to ensure that all their software is rendered as intended across these platforms and to prevent expensive bugs/errors entering production/field/market.
In an ideal situation, one is expected to comprehensively test on ‘all’ the possible platform combinations prior to production, however, in reality, there are several constraints like time to market, budgetary and resource availability.
Logix Guru has created a strong value proposition on compatibility testing through jump start kits around defect and failure patterns across a standard set of popular browser/OS and device combinations.
Logix Guru’s Compatibility Test Lab is also equipped with a set of popular devices in the market – that enable our clients to execute these engagements on a pay-on-usage model. Additionally, Logix Guru’s an open-source tool leveraged automated compatibility testing framework called iFACT (Framework for Accelerated Compatibility Testing).
Logix Guru's Compatibility Testing methodologies have provided solutions to client's critical defects across widespread browser/OS and device combinations. Some of our approaches while working with our clients are:
- Manually test the web application with the defined rules and scoring systems
- Parallel QA team, strategic overlap of time - for real time collaboration
- Setup Lab to execute compatibility testing across Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac operating systems
- In-depth testing to make it compatible with social media platforms
- Unique approach called "Business Matrix Model", which covers the core functionality of the applicationv
- Define and Streamline Automation approach
Some of the benefits provided to the clients with engagements through Logix Guru in Compatibility Testing are:
- Ensured the quality and reliability of the product and meet/exceed client's expectation at every sprint release
- Identified pain areas based on compatibility results and escalated it to the client to prioritize their development tasks
- Lower cost of test automation framework implementation and quicker turn-around time
- Used (open source automation tool) for automating a significant portion of the test framework to cut down regression testing time and also for script maintenance
- Built effective test repository, shared the documentation, test scenarios and execution summary reports to help the developers gain business knowledge
- Helped client to prioritize their development tasks
- Proactively monitored upcoming browser & OS updates
- Recorded known failure patterns for earlier defect detection