Efficient Test Automation for a Healthcare transformation company
A Healthcare transformation sector company that provides financial control and reduces supply chain costs required supply chain automation and optimisation solutions.
- The client’s solution suite provided 4 products in the supply chain-based use cases.
- Products were required to be bundled/customized based on customer requirements.
- Manual and Test Automation were needed for every customized product for all their clients.
- Java, Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse
- Team Size: 3
- Time: 3 months
- We converted the Test Checklist to Test Cases and Test Scripts for Automation Suite.
- To optimize the Test Case/Scenario building for different customers with combinations of similar functionality, we built a Single Code Base that caters to ‘n’ functional changes for different requirements (combinations).
- We also created Test cases for standard Functionality/Databases representing most customers.
- Then, we performed Automation regression tests.
- Built an application configuration requirement sheet that would represent similar functionality with probable different field names.
- We created a Test case plan and prepared for new features generated due to each new customer requirement.
- Finally, we performed Compatibility Testing for multiple browsers like Internet Explorer and Chrome on Windows OS.
- We ensured a scalable solution – A Single code base for handling any functional customisations and derived an optimised test case break-up for manual and automation scenarios.
- While typical customisation would take up to 80 reusable tests with different field names and 20 brand-new features, we identified the potential fields appearing in different conventions (holding the same functionality) – reducing test effort by over 80%.